Wednesday, October 30, 2013
Window or Door Hike...not sure which one?
So the Window and Door trails were about 50 yards apart...the same parking lot for both. We did the one pictured above and it took about 6 minutes and was frankly uneventful. So we almost skipped the other one, but at the last second I changed my mind and we all set off on the second trail. Thank goodness we did. This one, similar to the other "short" trails, ended after a pretty short walk. But unlike the other trails, there was an option to continue on past the official trail and follow some random posts actually out into the Badlands. Feeling adventurous, off we went. This was a really neat hike. There were parts when we we were walking on these really narrow edges with deep canyons on either side. Several times I made Josh hold my hand because honestly, if he fell off the edge, I was not sure that I'd ever see him again. Macey and Daniel had a blast and they felt the freedom of the wild Badlands. It was quite the hike. I think Mom probably wondered if we HAD fallen in because we expected to be gone for a few minutes and we ended up following the trail out to the #11 stick off the beaten path. We all enjoyed it
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment