Sunday, October 27, 2013
Day 2: Jewel Cave, Bear Country, Reptile Gardens, Rock Place, Dinner out, Monument at Night, Cabin...Big Day!!!
Overnight on Thursday it snowed..just a dusting as you can see in these pictures. Still didn't have coats for the kids. Oh well, they survived. We headed up to Jewel Cave to do a tour and it turned out their elevator was broken. So we decided to do a short hike instead and come back the next day to do the cave tour. Turns out, we did go back the next day, but the only morning tour was for only 30 people and it was first come first served so we did not make the cut. I was pretty pissed...I mean, we were there the day before and turned away, I told her I was coming back the next morning, she could have informed me that they had limited spots and that I should get there early. It took me a good 30 minutes to simmer down. We thought about trying to make it to Wind Cave instead, but we intended to do the Badlands the same day it was just too much to get all the way to Wind Cave...and there was no guarantee we'd get in there either. So, the caves will have to wait for another trip.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment