Friday, September 2, 2016

The Crossing

The boys decided to ford the river instead of going around.  At first I was all in-off with the shoes, roll the jeans up, yippee!  Then someone took their next step and sank to their knees and I was like, uh, no thanks!  I did not want to spend the rest of the wringing my jeans out.  Plus, I was a little afraid I was going to fall in and ruin my camera...this was not for the weak of heart it was moving water (slowly, but still) over slippery rocks and unknown depth.  Super fun to watch though!!  The water was pretty cold (well, very cold would be a better description) but worth it, so we were told!

These pictures are interesting because they were taken by three different cameras and three different people...Daniel with his cell phone, me with my cell phone and Kim with her good camera.  Its kind of neat because you get to see all the perspectives, from Daniel shooting his feet to Kim taking a long shot, to Jeff patiently (worriedly?) waiting for them on the other side...there is even a view of me turning back.  Good stuff.

Below, Jeff watched anxiously as they hit the middle of the crossing.


you can kind of tell how gingerly they were stepping...there were sharp, slippery rocks and bare feet involved!

welcome to the other side guys!  note the fabulous background.


Dan's rosy-tosies in the water.

It got too deep for me!!

Jeff on the far side.


Steady there Tyler!

 And I decide that's probably far enough and turn back.  Daniel is still trying to decide if this is for him or not...
Don't lose it now!!

No comments: