
Several of the nights we camped it was NOT warm. It dipped down to 26 degrees one night, 23 degrees a different night. Our tent (below) was awesome but, unfortunately, not heated. I don't mind sleeping on the ground and the temperature was bearable but the one night Owen and Tyler slept with us they were pretty cold...at least, Tyler was, Daniel and Owen were tucked in the middle of the tent and I believe they benefited from their surroundings! The next night Daniel swapped beds with Owen and D got the hotel room (with heat) and Owen stuck it out with me in the tent. Fun times.

Flagg Ranch campground. We had a very nice site. My observation was that not all the campsites were as nice...some we tucked right in between RVs which I would have hated. The desk girl gave me two campsites to choose from and it was clear this one was the winner. Would stay here again, though we drove through Lizzard and that was way nicer in terms of atmosphere...alas, I don't think Lizzard had showers though so maybe not. It was nice to be in the same place as Kim and Jeff were staying and it was nice to be in the same place two nights in a row. Camping is great but the putting up and taking down of a tent daily gets old. If I were to do a long camping trip again I'd make sure we stayed in each location for a minimum of two nights. Its so much nicer to have a place to come back to then to face putting up your tent every single evening.

Dinner! Pizzadios...roasted apples...warmed up peanut butter, fluff and nutella totitalls for dessert...delicious!! Beats a hot dog any day!!

Temp one morning after we got up and moving...meaning that it was somewhere south of that while we slept!
No comments:
Post a Comment