Friday, September 2, 2016

Grand Tetons/Yellowstone August 2016


 Flying into Jackson Hole was amazing.  The airport (best I can tell) is actually located in the National Park.  The airport (and I suppose the town) is tucked into a valley in the middle of these majestic mountains.  You get a distinctly different perspective on the size, scope and beauty of the Tetons when you fly in as opposed to driving or even wandering around the park and hiking through.  Its truly magnificent.  D took the above pictures of a glacial lake from the airplane and I took the one below from the parking lot right at the airport.  The tarmac in this case doubles as the departure lounge so you are basically walking in the shadow of the mountains as you depart the airplane down the steps into the open air.  They ask you NOT to take pictures as you exit the plane because I am sure everyone (just as we were) is awed by their surroundings and can't help but stop to gawk.  If I was feeling bad about spending money on the flight (which I wasn't, not really, maybe just a little) that feeling went away as soon as we started our descent into Jackson Hole and we started to see what we were in for.  Worth it!!


No comments: