Friday, May 5, 2017

Richardson Nature Center with J's 2nd grade class

On a cold, sunny (but not snowy, 'cause we didn't get to snowshoe) day the kids headed out to check out a local nature center.  We saw signs of wildlife, lots of birds, a wild red tailed hawk and some hands-on frogs, snakes and turtles...had some lunch, rode the bus...good times were had by all.  Chaperoning field trips is going to be something I look back on with mixed feelings...sad not to be hanging out with the kids and getting to know their kids and classmates and playing hookey from work for a half or a whole day...grateful that I am not a teacher because oh holy cow how do they do that all day, every day?  Its exhausting!!!  God bless all the teachers out there for they are doing God's work day in and day out basically just out of the goodness of their hearts.  You are the true heros my teacher friends.  I admire you to the moon and back.




 Josh, Austin and Caden

No comments: