Saturday, June 8, 2013

Fishing with all three...

...is NOT the same as fishing with just Daniel. 
Macey figured out how to put a worm on the hook without touching the worm. Interesting.

She caught the only fish on this particular outing.


Then she tried to get it off the hook.  No go.  Daniel tried to "help".  No go.  Finally I had to (oohh, yuck, gross I swore I was not going to do this!!!) help.  That disgusting "crunch" when you pull the hook out of the fish just gives me the heebie geebies.  Alas, we finally collectively got it off the hook and cast again. 


I have warned my brother Steven that he needs to bring all of Dad's fishing stuff to the beach this year because my Daniel is really looking forward to a week when he can fish as much as he wants.  Daniel is also angling to take his own rod and tackle box out there with him.  If we drive, its not a problem.  If we fly, he is positive he can break everything down and fit it in a suitcase.  With clothes too, I ask?  For the price of luggage these days we might as well buy him a new rod at the beach.  Or, he can just use PopPop's rods which will work just fine.  Check back with me mid-August on what we negotiated for the Beach in terms of Daniel's fishing adventure.

No comments: