
Up at the crack of dawn to catch the early fish! Jason was very jealous-Not! We left the house around 6ish and were on the dock by 6:15...we were home by 9:30 after a full morning of fishing. If Daniel has anything to do with it we 'll be doing this every weekend this summer. He is hooked.
We got there, tossed in the line, and I reeled in a fish. I laughed and laughed and could not stop. I mean, honestly, I did NOT expect to catch anything. I was just being a trooper and going along for the ride because I like to be supportive of my kids. I had no idea we would actually catch anything. I had told Daniel he would have to take the fish off the hook, which is not really something that I think a 10 year old should be doing. But, since we caught a fish right away he took the darn thing off all by himself and there you go...Fun times. I love being a mom.

I told Daniel I'd take him fishing anytime and I would even fish with him...but I would not touch worms, and I would not touch fish. So he baited my hook, took the fish off, and was in general a delightful (read: perfect) fishing companion.

One of our catches of the Day!

Daniel caught two, I caught two. Good times.

A sunny? A spot? What the heck is this fish?

By this time of the morning the sun had come out. It was still a little chilly (I mean, its June in Minnesota, its supposed to be cold, right? No, actually, not right, except its 2013 and this year is just WEIRD WEATHER year) but we were having so much fun we did not care.

See beautiful Lake Marion in the background? We talk about leaving MN but I would really miss the ready access to lovely lakes and recreational areas like this. Especially Lake Marion which is the lake my kids school is named for, the place we head to for bikes around the lake, where Josh has Rookie League baseball, where I did a triathlon and we go swimming and picnicing...anyway, we're not leaving here anytime soon but we'll have to find a place that that has these types of public areas whereever we move.
No comments:
Post a Comment