Saturday, October 24, 2020

Yellowstone

 After a morning around OF, lunch and a nap, I headed out to hike to Fairy Falls.  This was on my list of things to possibly do and it turned out to be a pleasure.  Highly recommend.  Its a nice distance if steps matter to you and but all in all a pretty moderate hike.  The falls were lovely, the views were great, and I saw a fox along the way.  I would do this one again.



Grand Prismatic from the overlook-stunning.  On the way back from Fairy Falls hike.  You can see people on the boardwalk around the springs but not as many as you would normally see on a perfect August day.  And everyone was wearing masks.  And trying to social distance.







Fairy Falls


walk around Old Faithful-off the boardwalk into the wild...


I saw NO ONE on this entire hike.  Once I left the OF boardwalk, I was on my own for hours.  This is unheard of at Yellowstone in a normal August...I would have expected to encounter people every ten yards or so.  But alas, no one.  Made for terrific hiking if you are comfortable with only yourself for company!


No comments: