As I got closer and closer to Yellowstone I was getting more and more excited. I had a cabin reserved for the first night so I was not worried about getting there at any particular time-whenever I showed up, the room would be there, no rain fly battle required. So I headed to Gardiner and the North Entrance mostly because it was the path of least resistance. On the way in, I stopped at a couple of places. This natural phenomena (Devil's Slide) was kind of cool...what used to be horizontal is now perpendicular. Very cool and easy to see on the way into the Park if only you are paying attention.
If you drive from Minnesota to Yellowstone, entering at the North Entrance in Gardiner, you follow the Yellowstone River for a long, long way well before you get anywhere near the Park itself. Here I stopped to take a picture of a group who was rafting down the river. Me, I would not waste my time in Yellowstone rafting as I think there are a million places you can do that but there is only one Yellowstone, but to each their own.
No comments:
Post a Comment