Sunday, February 1, 2026

September 2025: Garden Stuff

hummingbird or moth?  turns out it was a moth...cool
I started a little phlox garden
I sure do love my flowers and plants.  I gave up on the back garden because I was overwhelmed with work...the front porch, I managed to keep up with that.


I bought cannas in September and planted them all around where the water drains into the front garden...they are supposed to like it wet?  seems like a good location.  We will see how they do next spring.  I also moved the ones that survived (they did NOT thrive) in the back yard.  Planting them there in sandy soil was apparently a really pretty bad idea.  Next summer I will be on the hunt for some other very tall plant to put into the middle of the back garden...TBD.
so even though I abandoned the back garden, these sweet potatoes survived; I planted them in the green garden bags and the potatoes in there were ok.  The better ones were the potatoes that were volunteers and the roots left the green bag, planted themselves and generated potatoes.  Nature wins out. We ate them and they were delicious.  

 

No comments: