We "did" Mount Vernon one day of our adventure. Oddly, when asked what the kids liked most about the trip to DC, they all said Mount Vernon. Hum. Something to think about. Anyway, it was interesting. The part I was most interested in doing was touring the actual mansion and of course, Josh started acting up while we were in line and by the time we made it across the veranda and into the actual house it had come apparent that taking him though the tour would be pretty dumb. So, Josh and I chilled on the rocking chairs overlooking the Potomac (what a view...old George's family sure had an eye for real estate) while everyone else went through. Oh well, I'll go back another time. In any case, the farm and grounds were really neat and it was a fun adventure. I think Julie and Todd will remember it as the place were I displayed monumental indecision regarding parking places to the tune of other drivers' horns...but we survived.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment