Wednesday, August 18, 2010

The Oak Island Lighthouse











Its hard to believe that I have been to this beach every year since I was about 6 and this is the first time I have actually been to the Lighthouse. Odd. Anyway, we set up a tour time and Cathy, Stephen and I took 6 of the bigger kids to check it. There are all kinds of restrictions...only sneakers, you can't carry anything in your hands, you have to be 9 to go above the second floor..turns out the restrictions may even be too lenient! Four of the six of our group who set out to climb the lighthouse made it all the way to the top...two of us turned back (including yours truly...who'd have thunk it?) Anyway, those who made it up said it was worth it so I will put it on my list of things to do next year. I can imagine the view from the top is pretty neat. Hopefully next year I'll find out for myself...

No comments: