Wednesday, August 18, 2010

At the Kayak Launch Site Fun Was Had by All







Carey rented two kayaks one morning and most of the kids got to take them out for a spin. We got in a number of rides before the tide went out and we had to give up until later in the day. It happened to thunderstorm that afternoon so we did not get to go for Round 2, but the morning adventure was fun enough. One of the funniest parts was trying to get the kayaks back to our place. It was only a block from the launch site to our house, but those darn things are heavy! Gene and I tried to carry one of them and while I was willing, and able, the "able" only lasted for about 10 feet until I had to put it down and rest. We went that route for about 20 feet (up, walk, down, rest, up, walk, down, rest... you get the idea) before Gene decided that getting the car would be better for all of us. I did not disagree!!! Thank goodness for the little car that could!!!

No comments: