Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Swimmin' at the ole fishin' hole
















Julie took us to this place near their cabin where the water between the two mainlands is shallow enough to walk across. While there the kids did some swimming, Josh did some skinny-dipping and I helped a boat get through the narrow, shallow pass. With my extensive boating knowledge I was, as you can imagine, a huge help.










We walked down there and then Julie went back to get the scooter and hauled the kids back via motor after our swim. While the grown-ups (and Josh) were en route back to the cabin Daniel discovered he had cut his foot on something-while he insists is did not hurt, it was bleeding all over the place. When I got back the kids were all excited about the wound and I looked at it and told Daniel we needed to clean it out. "We already did." He said. "How?" I asked. "We ran the water in the bathtub and cleaned it out real good". Now, they were alone there for all of about 8 minutes during which time they very calmly dealt with an "emergency" without panic or disorder. I was so impressed! My praise of how they handled the situation did not stop Daniel from milking it and having me carry him to the car, of course, but still!

No comments: