Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Next Stop: Aunt Margie's House
















We made it from Lakeville to Toledo on Day 1. We stopped at a Holiday Inn that had a waterpark attached to it. Initially we thought we were in for it...we arrived at the hotel only to find that though they had our reservation, they had no available suites. They finally found us a room with two queens, but I was pretty nervous about all of us sleeping in one room. I was pretty sure it would be better if the five of us, including a 5 month old, a 4 year old and a 6 year could spread out between two rooms of a suite. I had visions of Joshua waking in the night and everyone being up at the same time, the time being an ungodly 2:00 am or something. No worries, everyone was so tired I think King Kong could have come by to say hello and the kids would have slept right through it. Finally, when we got in the room, Aunt Margie took the big kids to the water park and Joshua and I ordered room service. When they came back from swimming I had Josh down for the night and we all quietly ate our food so as not to wake the sleeping baby and then crawled into bed.
Sunday we drove from Toledo to Collegeville, PA (just East of Philadelphia). We arrived to find Uncle Bob had picked up a pizza and a cheese steak...yum! Thanks Uncle Bob! Then the kids started to explore the house and hang out with their cousin Cole (my cousin Katie's son) who was spending the night at Aunt Margie's. Cole and Daniel were born only a week apart and from the first second of our arrival they were fast friends. Six year old boys love Star Wars, legos and Pokemon cards...apparently these are universal interests. Daniel slept on the floor in Cole's room and I could hear them giggling into the wee hours. The days at Aunt Margie's were spent hanging with cousins, exploring the woods and having water gun fights. What a fun time we had visiting PA!

No comments: