Monday, September 15, 2008

Quick Bites

On the M front: Here's an exchange from this morning as we are getting ready for our day and watching the news on the fall of Lehman Brothers while M is snuggled in our bed. Mommy: "M, you and D need to hurry up and grow up so you can fix this mess! Mommy and Daddy aren't smart enough but you are!" M, unconcerned: "OK." Daddy: "No, you need to stay little for a long, long time and stay our little snuggly Boo-Bear". Mommy: "Oh, that's right, you need to stay small and cute as long as you can, ok, M? Forget what I said...don't grow up too fast." M: "OK, but my body just wants to go to kindergarten". These kids just make me laugh out loud sometimes!

On the B front: Baby is now about 10 inches long and moving on one pound in weight. In case anyone wants to put the date on their calendar, the B's official due date is January 30. Or is it the 31st? Anyway, when I say "the end of January" I really mean the very end of January. My sister's b-day is January 31, so maybe they will share their birthdays.

On the D front: D is learning nursery rhymes for the kindergarten Nursery Rhyme program in October. He and each of his classmates will stand up in front of the class, and the students' parents, and recite a nursery rhyme. I am having flashbacks to 10th grade when we had a weekly poem to recite. However, his assignment seems easier, since his rhymes and is only 4 lines long. D's been assigned "Tom, Tom, the Piper's Son" which I don't recall learning as a child, probably because its about a boy stealing and then eating a pig and getting in big trouble for it. Hard to see how that fits into a nursery rhyme theme, but there you go.

No comments: