Monday, September 8, 2008

Had our "half-way through" ultrasound this morning and everything looks great. All the fingers and toes and brain parts and heart chambers and internal organs and all that good stuff looks perfect. Baby is about 12 ounces and measuring 20 weeks 4 days; we are officially 19 weeks 3 days so he/she is measuring big. No surprise...as all doctor's and medical people love to point out, I have big babies. Still 20 or so weeks to go so Baby has plenty of time to keep on getting bigger and bigger. I feel Baby moving alot and he/she waved at us, rubbed his/her head, sucked on his/her fist and kicked away during the entire ultrasound. It was a "Level II" ultrasound with a 3D kicker, so we have some really neat pictures. A few of the traditional profile ultrasound, and a few in 3D that are really incredible. Once it was over Jason decided he really DID want to know the baby's sex, but by then it was too late. If we have another one (an ultrasound that is, not a baby) he thinks he wants to find out...otherwise, we'll wait until January!

For eductations sake, I should point out that I had a Level II ultrasound because I am of "advanced maternal age". The Level II allows you to see more detail and instead of being able to see fingers and toes as on a normal ultrasound, it can see joints on fingers and toes. Oh, and the 3D thing is not available on just any old ultrasound machine. Anyway, the whole mom being old thing means they check for 30 different markers of chromosomal abnormalities or birth defects which they would not otherwise look for. All 30 came back negative, so while I was not really worried, its nice to know that there is no indication whatsoever in any shape or form that things are not going along just as they are supposed to.

I will try and get the pictures scanned and online later tonight. Apparently you can get things scanned at Kinkos if our home computer won't do it (and I have zero confidence I can make that work) so I will do what I can.

Technology is a wonderful thing! Happy Baby day to all!

No comments: