Success or failure? Somewhere in between. I don't normally do these things-I am not all that crafty-but Cathy sent the link to me two years in a row and I thought well-why not?
First mistake was thinking that I needed clear balloons...somehow it did not connect that I was going to cut the balloons off, it did not matter what the balloons were like. Then, the whole making was messy...not so much the prep, but the taking of the balloons off of the colored ice. The balls froze unevenly where some were done and some were not...and believe me, it was plenty cold enough outside. No idea why that happened. Then, after they were outside being displayed, the color slowly leeched out of the balls so that after a few days there were still round(ish) balls of clear ice, no color left. Weird. I am sure there is a scientific explanation for the whole thing. All in all, checked the box, looked cool for a couple of days, but final analysis: not worth it. We are in Minnesota and it was well into the teens and 20s-I'm not sure what sort of environment you would have to be in for these to be worth it. Alaska maybe?
No comments:
Post a Comment