Tuesday, May 7, 2013
Minnesota Ironman 2013
Jack, Daniel and I did the MN Ironman. I have done this ride (the 30 mile route) for the past 5 or 6 years when it was in Lakeville and every year the weather was miserable. One year, we bailed in the middle because there was a thunderstorm and lightning in addition to the soaking rain. One year I thought I was going to lose my toes it was so stinking cold. Last year there was snow as I drove to the venue. That's why they call it the Ironman. This year, Daniel and Jack joined me and we did the 15 mile ride and the weather was PERFECT!!! The boys had fun, I enjoyed hanging out with them, and we plan to do it again. I really think they could handle the 30 mile so next year we are going to step it up and do that. They seemed game! Maybe next year we will be able to get in a training ride or two before the actual ride...this year, there were maybe 3 days when we could have done training rides. Next spring HAS to be better!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment