Somewhere between letting sleeping dogs lie and not looking a gift horse in the mouth we lost it...For some reason we are convinced that at some point our happily sleeping baby should transition to his crib. His crib where, at almost 4 months of age, he's maybe slept 60 minutes cumulative. He likes it well enough in the daytime when he can look at his mobiles, but sleeping, not so much. Still, in true Cindy spirit, I make a decision and then run with it. We decided to test it out tonight under the theory, well, don't worry about the theory, just understand that at some point between now and his 5th birthday, we figure J should move out of the car seat into his crib and we thought tonight might as well be that night. Never mind that he's been sleeping for 10-12 hours straight a night for over a month. Never mind that even if he gets up at a god-forsaken hour like say, 5:30 am, I can nurse him right back to sleep and he'll snooze until 9:00 am...nevermind that there is no reason, until he literally outgrows it, that he can't keep sleeping in the carseat...nevermind any of that, we thought we'd try and transition him.
At first, things seemed to go okay. Down he went, sound asleep...which lasted about 20 minutes. Then, instead of a sound asleep baby by 8:30, I am rocking a frustrated, overtired, cranky, teary, crying baby at 10:00 who has by now been up WAY past his customary bedtime and is too tired to sleep. Finally he passed out and I am hoping he's not permanently scarred by this attempt...long story short, back to the car seat he went, and that experiment is over for the moment...neither baby nor mommy (nor daddy, hiding downstairs out of earshot) is ready for this...someday we'll try it again, but for now, we'll stick to whats working.
And please, next time I say "its time", remind me to check my watch.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I remember when you brought Daniel in the house sleeping in his car seat and asked if you were a bad mother for not taking him out right away. Oh how experience changes us. Love to all Mom.
Post a Comment